This qualification reflects the role of individuals who perform a range of mainly routine tasks using limited practical skills and fundamental operational knowledge in a defined context, working under direct supervision.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Typical job roles are administration assistant, clerical worker, data entry operator, information desk clerk, office junior and receptionist.
Packaging Rules – http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSB20115
- Total number of units = 12
- 1 core unit plus
- 11 elective units
- 7 elective units must be selected from the elective units listed below.
The remaining 4 elective units may be selected from the elective units listed below, or any currently endorsed training package or accredited course at the same qualification level. If not listed below 2 of the 4 elective units may be selected from either a Certificate I or a Certificate III qualification.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- BSBCUS201 Deliver a service to customers
- BSBIND201 Work effectively in a business environment
- BSBINM201 Process and maintain workplace information
- BSBINM202 Handle mail
- BSBINN201 Contribute to workplace innovation
- BSBCMM201 Communicate in the workplace
- BSBITU201 Produce simple word-processed documents
- BSBITU202 Create and use spreadsheets
- BSBITU203 Communicate electronically
Small and Micro Business
- BSBSMB201 Identify suitability for micro business
- BSBSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWOR202 Organise and complete daily work activities
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- BSBWOR204 Use business technology
- FNSACC301 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
Nominal Hours: 325
This qualification will provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to competently perform the following tasks:
- Communicating verbally with clients and colleagues. Choosing appropriate methods for communication and transferring information. Planning and organising own work schedule for the day and working in a team environment to promote team commitment and cooperation. Obtaining feedback on work performance and identifying opportunities for improvement. Encouraging, acknowledging and acting on constructive feedback from team members.
- Drafting routine correspondence that meets the organisational standards of style, format and accuracy. Planning the layout of simple documents using appropriate software. Using manuals, training booklets and online help to overcome difficulties. Selecting, maintaining and using business technology appropriate to the task.
- Dealing with client enquiries and complaints. Dealing sensitively with client needs and cultural, family and individual differences.
DURATION AND DELIVERY OPTIONS
Candidates undertaking this course will have up to 12 months (1 year) for completion using one of the following study options.
This course is available public course and mixed mode delivery. Our public courses are conducted over 4 days.
If a student believes they already have the knowledge, skills and competencies making them eligible for recognition of prior learning in this course they may apply to participate in the RPL processes.
Contact the team at Compass Assurance Training for more information and an assessment.
PREREQUISITES / ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however students will require language, literacy and numeracy skills at a level enabling the understanding of materials and to complete routine tasks.
After achieving this qualification candidates may undertake – BSB30115 Certificate III in Business.
Note to students: Training is provided by Compass Assurance Training (RTO88194) with Qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by Parasol EMT Pty Ltd (RTO2551)