This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply a broad range of competencies in a varied work context using some discretion, judgment and relevant theoretical knowledge. They may provide technical advice and support to a team.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include, customer service adviser, data entry operator, general clerk, payroll officer, typist, and word processing operator.
Packaging Rules – http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSB30115
- Total number of units = 12
- 1 core unitplus
- 11 elective units
- 7 of the elective units must be selected from the elective units listed below
4 elective units may be selected from the elective units listed below, from this training package or from any current accredited course or endorsed training package at the same qualification level. If not listed below, 1 elective unit may be selected from a Certificate II qualification and 2 elective units may be taken from a Certificate IV qualification.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
- BSBWHS302 Apply knowledge of WHS legislation in the workplace
- BSBCUS301 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBDIV301 Work effectively with diversity
- BSBFIA301 Maintain financial records
- BSBADM311 Maintain business resources
- BSBINM301 Organise workplace information
- BSBINM302 Utilise a knowledge management system
- BSBFLM306 Provide workplace information and resourcing plans
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBIPR301 Comply with organisational requirements for protection and use of intellectual property
- BSBCMM301 Process customer complaints
- BSBITU301 Create and use databases
- BSBITU302 Create electronic presentations
- BSBITU303 Design and produce text documents
- BSBITU304 Produce spreadsheets
- BSBITU305 Conduct online transactions
- BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
- BSBITU309 Produce desktop published documents
- BSBFLM309 Support continuous improvement systems and processes
- BSBFLM305 Support operational plan
Product skills and advice
- BSBPRO301 Recommend products and services
Purchasing and contracting
- BSBPUR301 Purchase goods and services
- BSBSUS301 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
- BSBWOR302 Work effectively as an off-site worker
- BSBFLM303 Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- BSBFLM312 Contribute to team effectiveness
- BSBFLM311 Support a workplace learning environment
- BSBWRT301 Write simple documents
Nominal Hours: 420
This qualification will provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to competently access the latest thinking about business practices. They will learn how to process and maintain workplace information and develop skills in business and organisational tasks including workplace safety, customer service, Students will learn how to manage their own work priorities while building effective working relationships with others.
DURATION AND DELIVERY OPTIONS
Candidates undertaking this course will have up to 12 months (1 year) for completion using one of the following study options.
This course is available public course and mixed mode delivery. Our public courses are conducted over 4 days.
If a student believes they already have the knowledge, skills and competencies making them eligible for recognition of prior learning in this course they may apply to participate in the RPL processes.
Contact the team at Compass Assurance Training for more information and an assessment.
PREREQUISITES / ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however students will require language, literacy and numeracy skills at a level enabling the understanding of materials and to complete routine tasks.
After achieving this qualification candidate may undertake – BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business.
Note to students: Training is provided by Compass Assurance Training (RTO88194) with Qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by Parasol EMT Pty Ltd (RTO2551).