This qualification is suitable for people working in a work health and safety (WHS) role that may or may not work under supervision and often provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This qualification is suitable for people working in a work health and safety (WHS) role who may or may not work under supervision and often provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others.
BSB41412 Packaging Rules – http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSB41415
- Total number of units = 10
- 5 core units plus
- 5 elective units of which at least 3 units must be from Group A below
- The remaining units may be from Group A or Group B below
Any currently endorsed training package or accredited course at the same qualification level or, if not listed below, 1 elective unit may be selected from a Certificate III or a Diploma.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBSUS301 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWHS407 Assist with claims management, rehabilitation and return-to-work programs
- BSBWHS408 Assist with effective WHS management of contractors
- BSBWHS409 Assist with workplace monitoring processes
- BSBWHS410 Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
- PUAWER002B Ensure workplace emergency prevention procedures, systems and processes are implemented
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
- TAEASS301B Contribute to assessment
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction
Nominal hours: 450 (200 for 5 core units)
The Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- Implement and support the workplace WHS management system.
- Prepare and advise workplace personnel for dealing with WHS issues.
- Understand WHS legislative requirements and assist with monitoring workplace compliance.
- Implement WHS initiatives and processes that support organisational WHS goals.
- Apply knowledge of risk assessment to contribute to the selection of risk-assessment techniques, tools and processes for common hazards.
- Contribute to setting up and running of WHS consultation and participant processes.
DURATION AND DELIVERY OPTIONS
Candidates undertaking this course will have up to 12 months (1 year) for completion using one of the following study options.
This course is available public course and mixed mode delivery. Our public courses are conducted over 4 days.
If a student believes they already have the knowledge, skills and competencies making them eligible for recognition of prior learning in this course they may apply to participate in the RPL processes.
Contact the team at Compass Assurance Training for more information and an assessment.
Participants wishing to move on to the Diploma of Work Health and Safety (BSB51315) may elect to complete only the 5 core units described in the packaging rules above.
PREREQUISITES / ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however students will require adequate language, literacy and numeracy skills to be able to read and understand codes of practice, Procedures and similar documents, explain the meaning of the concepts contained within this level of documentation and be able to use numeracy skills to conduct mid-level calculations and work within mathematical formulae and concepts.