This qualification reflects the role of individuals with substantial experience in a range of settings who are seeking to further develop their skills across a wide range of business functions. This qualification is also suited to the needs of individuals with little or no vocational experience, but who possess sound theoretical business skills and knowledge that they would like to develop in order to create further educational and employment opportunities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Typical job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include an executive officer, program consultant and program coordinator.
BSB50207 Packaging Rules – http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSB50215
- Total number of units = 8
- 8 elective units
- 6 of the elective units must be selected from the units listed below. No more than 3 units may be selected from any one group
2 elective units may be selected from elective units listed below, from this training package or from any current accredited course or endorsed Training Package at this qualification level or Certificate IV or Advanced Diploma level.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
- BSBADV503 Coordinate advertising research
- BSBADV507 Develop a media plan
- BSBADV509 Create mass print media advertisements
- BSBADV510 Create mass electronic media advertisements
- BSBMKG523 Design and develop an integrated marketing communication plan
- BSBWRT501 Write persuasive copy
- BSBEBU501 Investigate and design e-business solutions
- BSBFIM502 Manage payroll
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
- BSBADM503 Plan and manage conferences
- BSBADM504 Plan or review administrative systems
- BSBADM506 Manage business document design and development
IT building and implementation
- BSBITB501 Establish and maintain a workgroup computer network
Human resource management
- BSBHRM501 Manage human resources services
- BSBHRM502 Manage human resources management information systems
- BSBHRM513 Manage workforce planning
- BSBHRM505 Manage remuneration and employee benefits
- BSBHRM506 Manage recruitment, selection and induction processes
- BSBHRM507 Manage separation or termination
- BSBHRM509 Manage rehabilitation or return-to-work programs
- BSBHRM510 Manage mediation processes
Learning and development
- BSBLED502 Manage programs that promote personal effectiveness
- BSBMKG501 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- BSBMKG502 Establish and adjust the marketing mix
- BSBMKG506 Plan market research
- BSBMKG507 Interpret market trends and developments
- BSBMKG508 Plan direct marketing activities
- BSBMKG509 Implement and monitor direct marketing activities
- BSBMKG510 Plan e-marketing communications
- BSBMKG514 Implement and monitor marketing activities
- BSBMKG515 Conduct a marketing audit
- BSBPUB501 Manage the public relations publication process
- BSBPUB502 Develop and manage complex public relations campaigns
- BSBPUB503 Manage fundraising and sponsorship activities
- BSBPUB504 Develop and implement crisis management plans
- BSBCON601 Develop and maintain business continuity plans
- BSBINM501 Manage an information or knowledge management system
- BSBINN501 Establish systems that support innovation
- BSBINN502 Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- BSBIPR501 Manage intellectual property to protect and grow business
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
Nominal Hours: 405
On successful completion of the course students will have, among many, the skills and knowledge to:
- Review and improve policies and procedures, manage systems effectively and plan and review effective administration systems and procedures.
- Manage projects efficiently and develop project plans and administer until the project has been finalised.
- Manage their own performance and professional development and the ability to use a range of strategies to develop further competence.
- Manage meetings and report outcomes.
- Implement risk management across the organisation.
- Design, produce and manage business documentation, plan and implement financial management approaches and monitor and control finances.
- Lead and facilitate teamwork, manage staff to deliver quality customer service.
- Promote and coordinate conferences and/or prepare, deliver and review a presentation.
DURATION AND DELIVERY OPTIONS
Candidates undertaking this course will have up to 12 months (1 year) for completion using one of the following study options.
This course is available public course and mixed mode delivery. Our public courses are conducted over 4 days.
If a student believes they already have the knowledge, skills and competencies making them eligible for recognition of prior learning in this course they may apply to participate in the RPL processes.
Contact the team at Compass Assurance Training for more information and an assessment.
PREREQUISITES / ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however students will require adequate language, literacy and numeracy skills to be able to read and understand business documentation such as procedure and policies. They will be required to explain the meaning of the concepts contained within this level of documentation and be able to use numeracy skills to conduct mid-level calculations and work within mathematical formulae and concepts.
Pathways into the qualification
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include either BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business or other relevant qualification or other vocational experience in a range of work environments in senior support roles but without a qualification.
Note to students: Training is provided by Compass Assurance Training (RTO88194) with Qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by Parasol EMT Pty Ltd (RTO2551).