This qualification reflects the role of individuals who possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and use a range of specialised, technical or managerial competencies to plan, carry out and evaluate their own work and/or the work of a team.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Possible job roles include Administration Manager, General Office Manager and/or Office Manager.
Packaging Rules – http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSB50415
- Total number of units = 8
- 8 elective units
- 5 elective unitsmust be selected from the Group A units listed below.
The remaining 3 elective units may be selected from the Group B units listed below, or any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course at the same qualification level. If not listed below, 1 unit may be selected from either a Certificate IV or Advanced Diploma qualification.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
Group A units
- BSBFIM502 Manage payroll
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
- BSBADM503 Plan and manage conferences
- BSBADM504 Plan or review administration systems
- BSBADM506 Manage business document design and development
IT Building and Implementation
- BSBITB501 Establish and maintain a workgroup computer network
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
Group B units
- BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
- BSBINM501 Manage an information or knowledge management system
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- BSBRKG502 Manage and monitor business or records systems
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
Nominal Hours: 415
On successful completion of the course students will have, among many, the skills and knowledge to:
- Review and improve policies and procedures, manage systems effectively and plan and review effective administration systems and procedures.
- Manage projects efficiently and develop project plans and administer until the project has been finalised.
- Manage their own performance and professional development and the ability to use a range of strategies to develop further competence.
- Manage meetings and report outcomes.
- Implement risk management across the organisation.
- Design, produce and manage business documentation, plan and implement financial management approaches and monitor and control finances.
- Lead and facilitate teamwork, manage staff to deliver quality customer service.
- Promote and coordinate conferences and/or prepare, deliver and review a presentation.
DURATION AND DELIVERY OPTIONS
Candidates undertaking this course will have up to 12 months (1 year) for completion using one of the following study options.
This course is available public course and mixed mode delivery. Our public courses are conducted over 4 days.
If a student believes they already have the knowledge, skills and competencies making them eligible for recognition of prior learning in this course they may apply to participate in the RPL processes.
Contact the team at Compass Assurance Training for more information and an assessment.
PREREQUISITES / ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, however students will require well developed language, literacy and numeracy skills to be able to work within advanced business concepts. They will be required to explain the meaning of the concepts contained within this level of business practice and be able to use numeracy skills to conduct medium to high level calculations and work within mathematical formulae and concepts.
Pathways into the qualification
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include either BSB40515 Certificate IV in Business Administration or other relevant qualification or other vocational experience in a range of work environments in senior support roles but without a qualification.
Note to students: Training is provided by Compass Assurance Training (RTO88194) with Qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by Parasol EMT Pty Ltd (RTO2551).