This qualification is suitable for people who apply advanced practical knowledge to coordinate, facilitate and maintain the work health and safety (WHS) program in one or more fields of work in an organisation, such as a WHS practitioner or HR practitioner. They may work under the guidance of an occupational health and safety professional.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is ideal for persons in human resource management, managerial or injury management roles requiring specialised knowledge in WHS or those in WHS consultancy roles, or those persons wishing to undertake these roles.
BSB60612 Packaging Rules – http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSB60615
- Total number of units = 8
- 5 core units plus
- 3 elective units of which:
- up to 3 units may be from the elective units below
- up to 2 units may be from any currently endorsed training package or accredited course at the same qualification level or, if not listed below, 1 elective unit may be selected from a Diploma
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
- BSBWHS601 Apply legislative frameworks for WHS
- BSBWHS602 Facilitate WHS activities
- BSBWHS603 Implement WHS risk management
- BSBWHS604 Evaluate the WHS performance of organisations
- BSBWHS605 Develop, implement and maintain WHS management systems
- BSBINN601 Manage organisational change
- BSBMGT608 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- CHCORG501B Facilitate workplace change and innovation
- BSBMGT616 Develop and implement strategic plans
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- BSBWHS606 Conduct WHS audits
- BSBWHS607 Apply ergonomics to manage WHS hazards and risks
- BSBWHS608 Assist with applying occupational hygiene to manage WHS hazards and risks
- BSBWHS609 Advise on the application of safe design principles to control WHS risks
Nominal Hours: 450 hours
The Advanced Diploma of Work Health and Safety provides participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- Develop a WHS Management System for an organisation which includes effective and statutory reporting processes and structures and effective documentation and record information systems.
- Apply the principles of WHS risk management using various methodology and standards and manage and apply risk management techniques to specific hazards within the workplace.
- Conduct WHS Management System Audits in accordance with relevant ISO standards, evaluate audit findings and develop plans and processes for continuous improvement of the organisation.
DURATION AND DELIVERY OPTIONS
Candidates undertaking this course will have up to 12 months (1 year) for completion using one of the following study options.
This course is available public course and mixed mode delivery. Our public courses are conducted over 4 days.
If a student believes they already have the knowledge, skills and competencies making them eligible for recognition of prior learning in this course they may apply to participate in the RPL processes.
Contact the team at Compass Assurance Training for more information and an assessment.
PREREQUISITES / ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
All core units in BSB51315 Diploma of Work Health and Safety or equivalent competencies:
- BSBWHS502 Manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS503 Contribute to the systematic management of WHS risk
- BSBWHS504 Manage WHS hazards and risks
- BSBWHS505 Investigate WHS incidents
- BSBWHS506 Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining WHS management systems