In this two-day intensive course participants develop the competence to master a model for implementing risk management processes throughout their organization using the ISO 31000 standard as a reference framework.
Based on practical exercises, participants acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to perform an optimal risk assessment and manage risks in time by being familiar with their life cycle. During this training, we present the ISO 31000 general risk management standard, the process model it recommends, and how companies may use the standard.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Risk managers
- Business process owners
- Business finance managers
- Business risk managers
- Regulatory compliance managers
- Project management
- Persons responsible for information security or conformity within an organization
On successful completion of all in-class and any required workplace based formal assessments, participants will receive a statement of attainment from Compass Assurance Training (RTO: 88194) for the nationally recognised competencies:
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- To understand the concepts, approaches, methods, tools and techniques allowing an effective risk management according to ISO 31000 and IEC/ISO 31010.
- To understand the relationship between the risk management and the compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of an organisation.
- To acquire the competence to implement, maintain and manage an ongoing risk management program according to ISO 31000.
- To acquire the competence to effectively advise organizations on the best practices in risk management.
Introduction to the risk management framework according to ISO 31000
- Concepts and definitions related to risk management
- Risk management standards, frameworks and methodologies
- Implementation of a risk management framework
- Understanding an organization and its context
Risk identification and assessment, risk evaluation, treatment, acceptance, communication and surveillance according to ISO 31000
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis and risk evaluation
- Risk treatment
- Risk acceptance and residual risk management
- Risk communication and consultation
- Risk monitoring and review
Risk assessment methodologies according to ISO 31000 and Certification Exam
- Presentation of risk assessment methodologies
- Certification exam
DURATION AND DELIVERY OPTIONS
If a student believes they already have the knowledge, skills and competencies making them eligible for recognition of prior learning in this course they may apply to participate in the RPL processes.
Contact the team at Compass Assurance Training for more information and an assessment.
PREREQUISITES / ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge on risk management is preferred.
The “Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager” exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts in risk management
- Domain 2: Risk management program
- Domain 3: Risk assessment
- Domain 4: Risk treatment
- Domain 5: Risk communication, monitoring and improvement
A certificate of “ISO 31000 Risk Manager” will be issued to the participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to this credential.