This environmental course enables the participants to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing an Environmental Management System (EMS) as specified in ISO 14001. This training also helps to understand how ISO 14001 is linked with other management systems.
This environmental course is suitable for learners keen to understand ISO14001 better and those that want to improve their internal audit skills. Environment 14001 Essentials is focused on the 2015 version of the standard so is also a great option for those wanting to understand and implement the requirements of ISO14001:2015 or update their system to reflect the new requirements
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This environmental course are ideal for persons wishing to undertake internal auditing duties or to understand how to work within these management systems.
- Members of an environmental team
- Professionals wanting to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the main processes of an Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Staff involved in the implementation of the ISO 14001 standard
- Staff involved in operations related to an EMS
The course is highly participative and will enable students to build on existing skills. Emphasis is placed on practical application of assessment knowledge and skills.
- Introduction to Environmental Management System (QMS) concepts as required by ISO 14001
- Implementing requirements from ISO 14001
ISO 14001 shows the commitment of the organisation to the management of the environmental aspects and impacts of the business demonstrating its ability to manage the aspects and impacts associated with the activities and provide assurance to all concerned, including customers, and demonstrating that the management of legal compliance is effective.
This course enables the participants to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing an Environmental Management System (EMS) as specified in ISO 14001.This training also helps to understand how ISO 14001 is linked with other management systems.
Introduction to Environmental Management System (EMS) concepts as required by ISO 14001
- Introduction to the ISO 14000 family of standards
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Fundamental principles in Environmental Management
- General requirements: presentation of the clauses 4 to 4.6 of the ISO 14001 standard
- Implementation phases of the ISO 14001 framework
- Continual improvement of Environmental Management System
- Conducting an ISO 14001 internal certification audit
Implementing an Environmental Management System
- Identification and Evaluation of Environmental Aspects/Impacts and their Significance
- Principles and design of processes and controls
- Documentation of processes and controls of an EMS
- Implementation of a document management framework
- Monitoring and reviewing the system
- Internal Audit
DURATION AND DELIVERY OPTIONS
If a student believes they already have the knowledge, skills and competencies making them eligible for recognition of prior learning in this course they may apply to participate in the RPL processes.
Contact the team at Compass Assurance Training for more information and an assessment.
PREREQUISITES / ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
ISO 14001 Foundation certification or a basic knowledge of the ISO 14001:2004 standard is recommended.
On successful completion of all in-class and any required workplace based formal assessments, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment from MGTD Pirii (RTO: 88194) for the nationally recognised competencies:
- BSBSAU402 -Participate in a quality audit.
(Students will have 90 days post course for completion – an administration fee may be applied to any units completed after that period).