Implementing a documented food safety system demonstrates to your customers your willingness to supply safe, quality food.
This course enables the participants to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing a Food Safety Management System (FSMS) as specified in ISO 22000, as well as best practices for implementing food safety prerequisite programs as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Growers, butchers, bakers, restaurants
- Wholesale / retail food operators
- Food processors
- Members of a food safety team
Learn to work in, design, implement or audit Food Safety Management Systems based on ISO 22000 with an internationally recognised qualification.
The participant will learn the different components of a FSMS, including the FSMS policy, HACCP analysis, measuring performance, management’s commitment, internal audit, management review and continual improvement.
- To understand the fundamentals of food safety
- To know the interrelationships between ISO 22000 and the other food safety standards knowing the key components of a Food Safety Management System
- (FSMS) in the context of ISO 22000
- To introduce the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques allowing to effectively manage a FSMS accordance with ISO 22000
- To understand the relationship between a Food Safety Management System, including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- To understand the stages of the ISO22000 certification process
DURATION AND DELIVERY OPTIONS
Day 1: Introduction to Food Safety Management System (FSMS) concepts as required by ISO 22000
- Introduction to the ISO 22000 family of standards
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Fundamental principles of food safety management
- ISO 22000 specific requirements
Day 2: Implementing requirements from ISO 22000 and Internal Audit
- Implementation phases of the ISO 22000 framework
- Continual improvement of food safety
- Conducting an ISO 22000 certification audit
- Conducting an internal audit
PREREQUISITES / ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Basic understanding of food safety or a basic knowledge of the ISO 22000 standard is recommended.
On successful completion of all in-class and any required workplace based formal assessments, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment from Compass Assurance Training (RTO: 88194) for the nationally recognised competencies:
- BSBSAU402 -Participate in a quality audit.