This environmental training examines the ins-and-outs of auditing environmental management systems, lead auditor skills and implementation of environmental management systems to ensure they are effective.
ISO 14001 environmental training shows the commitment of the organisation to the management of the environmental aspects and impacts of the business demonstrating its ability to manage the aspects and impacts associated with the activities and provide assurance to all concerned, including customers, and demonstrating that the management of legal compliance is effective.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Internal auditors and members of an environmental team
- Auditors wanting to perform and lead EMS certification audits
- Project managers or consultants wanting to master the EMS audit process
- Persons responsible for the environmental conformity in an organisation
- Experts wanting to prepare for an environmental audit function
On successful completion of all in-class and the required workplace based formal assessments, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment from Compass Assurance Training (RTO: 88194) for the nationally recognised competencies:
- BSBAUD501 Initiate a quality audit
- BSBAUD503 Lead a quality audit
- BSBAUD504 Report on a quality audit
- BSBAUD402 Participate in a Quality Audit
- BSBMGT608 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- BSBMGT507 Manage environmental performance
The course is highly participative and will enable students to build on existing skills. Emphasis is placed on practical application of assessment knowledge and skills. Realistic case studies allow students to apply skills and knowledge to all stages of the assessment process. This course has been designed with input and feedback internationally from a number of trainers, customers and training consultants. The course will cover:
- ISO 14001 standards series;
- 8 Management principles;
- Process approach including the PDCA Cycle;
- 14001 standard requirements, aspects and impacts & risk assessment;
- Environmental Management System documentation;
- Auditing standard ISO 19011 requirements;
- Roles and responsibilities of auditor;
- Audit planning;
- Checklists, non conformance reports;
- Audit reporting;
- Final team meeting / follow-up;
- Verification / audit records;
- Accreditation / certification and auditor registration;
- Exercises, case study etc.;
- Course assessment.
Students will be able to understand & interpret the requirements of ISO 14001 and recognize the value of effective Environmental Management systems.
- To acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 14001 internal audit following ISO 19011 guidelines.
- To acquire the expertise to perform an ISO14001 certification audit following ISO 19011 to guidelines and ISO 17021 specifications.
- To acquire necessary expertise to manage an EMS audit team.
- To understand the operation of an ISO 14001 conferment EMS.
- To understand the relationship between an EMS controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organisation.
DURATION AND DELIVERY OPTIONS
This course is available public course and mixed mode delivery. Our public courses are conducted over 5 days.
If a student believes they already have the knowledge, skills and competencies making them eligible for recognition of prior learning in this course they may apply to participate in the RPL processes.
Contact the team at Compass Assurance Training for more information and an assessment.
PREREQUISITES / ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are no prerequisites for this course. Basic knowledge of ISO 14001 or auditing is recommended.
Introduction to Environmental Management System (EMS) concepts as required by ISO 14001
- Normative, regulatory and legal framework related to EMS
- Fundamental principles of Environmental Management System
- ISO 14001 certification process
- Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Detailed presentation of the clauses of 14001
Planning and initiating an ISO 14001 audit
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Audit approach based on evidence
- Preparation of an ISO 14001 certification audit
- An EMS Documentation audit
Conducting an ISO 14001 audit
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures: observation, document review, interview, sampling techniques, technical verification, corroboration and evaluation
- Audit test plans
- Formulation of audit findings and documenting nonconformities
Concluding and ensuring the follow-up of an ISO 14001 audit
- Audit documentation
- Conducting a closing meeting and conclusion of an ISO 14001 audit
- Evaluation of corrective action plans
- ISO 14001 surveillance and internal audit management program