This course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to audit a Food Safety Management System (FSMS) and to manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training, the participant will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and perform internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 the certification process according to ISO 1702
Based on practical exercises, the participant will develop the skills (mastering audit techniques) and competencies (managing audit teams and audit program, communicating with customers, conflict resolution, etc.) necessary to efficiently conduct an audit.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Internal auditors
- Auditors wanting to perform and lead Food Safety Management System (FSMS) certification audits
- Project managers or consultants wanting to master the Food Safety Management System audit process
- Persons responsible for the food safety conformity in an organization
- Members of a food safety team
- Expert advisors in food safety
- Experts wanting to prepare for a food safety audit function
On successful completion of all in-class and required workplace based formal assessments, participants will receive a statement of attainment from Compass Assurance Training (RTO: 88194) for the nationally recognised competencies:
- BSBAUD501 Initiate a quality audit
- BSBAUD503 Lead a quality audit
- BSBAUD504 Report on a quality audit
- BSBAUD402 Participate in a quality audit
- To acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 22000 internal audit following ISO 19011 guidelines.
- To Acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 22000 certification audit following ISO 19011 guidelines and ISO 17021 specifications.
- To acquire the necessary expertise to manage a FSMS audit team.
- To understand the operation of a complying ISO 22000 conformant Food Safety Management System.
- To understand the relationship between a Food Safety Management System, including controls and compliance with the requirements of different organisation’s stakeholders.
- To improve the ability to analyze the internal and external environment of an organization, risk assessment and audit decision-making in the context of a FSMS.
DURATION AND DELIVERY OPTIONS
This course is available public course and mixed mode delivery. Our public courses are conducted over 4 days.
PREREQUISITES / ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are no prerequisites for this course. Basic knowledge of HACCP Principles, ISO 22000 or auditing is recommended.
Introduction to Food Safety Management System (FSMS) concepts as required by ISO 22000
- Normative, regulatory and legal framework related to food safety
- Fundamental principles of food safety
- ISO 22000 certification process
- Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
- Detailed presentation of the clauses 4 to 8 of ISO22000
Planning and initiating an ISO 22000 audit
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Audit approach based on evidence and on risk
- Preparation of an ISO 22000 certification audit
- FSMS documentation audit
- Conducting an opening meeting
Conducting an ISO 22000 audit
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures: observation, document review, interview, sampling techniques, technical verification, corroboration and evaluation
- Audit test plans
- Formulation of audit findings
- Documenting nonconformities
Concluding and ensuring the follow-up of an ISO 22000 audit
- Audit documentation
- Quality review
- Conducting a closing meeting and conclusion of an ISO 22000 audit
- Evaluation of corrective action plans
- ISO 22000 surveillance audit
- ISO 22000 internal audit management program