The ISO9001 Lead Auditor Quality training outlines how to lead and conduct both internal and external audits, the ins-and-outs of auditing management systems, and the eight principals of quality management.
The course enables the participants to develop the needed expertise to audit a Quality Management System (QMS) based on ISO 9001 and to manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognised audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training, the participant will acquire the needed knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and perform internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and certification audits according to ISO 17021. Based on practical exercises, the participant will develop the skills (mastering audit techniques) and competencies (managing audit teams and audit program, communicating with customers, conflict resolution, etc.) necessary to efficiently conduct an audit.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Internal auditors
- Auditors wanting to perform and lead Quality Management System (QMS) certification audits
- Project managers or consultants wanting to master the QMS audit process
- Individuals responsible for the quality or conformity in an organization
- Expert advisors in Quality Management Systems
- Technical experts wanting to prepare for a quality audit function
On successful completion, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment from Compass Assurance Training (RTO: 88194) for the nationally recognised competencies:
- BSBAUD501 Initiate a quality audit
- BSBAUD503 Lead a quality audit
- BSBAUD504 Report on a quality audit
- BSBAUD402 Participate in a quality audit
- Describe the purpose of a quality management system and explain its principles.
- Explain the purpose, content and interrelationship of ISO 9001 and ISO 19011.
- Plan and conduct an unbiased OH&S Management System audits in accordance with ISO 19011.
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 9001 in the context of an audit.
- Report the audit, including writing valid, factual and value adding non-conformity report.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of auditors and team leaders (team leaders shall lead the audit).
- Undertake audit follow -up activities, including evaluating the effectiveness of corrective action taken by process owners
DURATION AND DELIVERY OPTIONS
This course is available public course and mixed mode delivery. Our public courses are conducted over 5 days.
Submit the Lead Auditor ISO 9001 Quality Contact form on this page for more information and to book your place.
If a student believes they already have the knowledge, skills and competencies making them eligible for recognition of prior learning in this course they may apply to participate in the RPL processes.
Contact the team at Compass Assurance Training for more information and an assessment.
PREREQUISITES / ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
There are no prerequisites for this course. Basic knowledge of ISO 9001 or auditing is recommended.
Introduction to Quality Management System (QMS) concepts as required by ISO 9001
- Normative, regulatory and legal framework related to quality
- Fundamental principles of quality
- ISO 9001 certification process
- Quality Management System (QMS)
- Detailed presentation of the clauses of ISO 9001
Planning and initiating an ISO 9001 audit
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Audit the approach based on evidence
- Preparation of an ISO 9001 certification audit
- QMS documentation audit
- Conducting an opening meeting
Conducting an ISO 9001 audit
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures: observation, document review, interview, sampling techniques, technical verification, corroboration and evaluation
- Audit test plans
- Formulation of audit findings and documenting nonconformities
Concluding and ensuring the follow-up of an ISO 9001 audit
- Audit documentation
- Conducting a closing meeting and conclusion of an ISO 9001 audit
- Evaluation of corrective action plans
- ISO 9001 surveillance audit and internal audit management program