This safety training course enables the participants to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) as specified in OHSAS 18001 & AS/NZS 4801. This training also helps to understand how OHSAS 18001 & AS/NZS 4801 relate with ISO 14001 and ISO 9001.
This safety training course will also provide preliminary information on the transition to ISO45001:2016 the new ISO standard for Occupational Health & Safety scheduled for publication September 2016.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Members of an Occupational Health and Safety team
- Occupational Health and Safety Professionals wanting to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the main processes of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS)
- Staff involved in the implementation of the OHSAS 18001 & AS/NZS 4801 standard
- Staff involved in operations related to an OHSMS
The safety training course is highly participative and will enable students to build on existing skills. Emphasis is placed on practical application of assessment knowledge and skills. Realistic case studies allow students to apply skills and knowledge to all stages of the assessment process.
- Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) concepts as required by OHSAS 18001 & AS/NZS 4801
- Implementing Occupational Health and Safety according to OHSAS 18001 & AS/NZS 4801
OHSAS 18001:2007 & AS/NZS 4801shows the commitment to the health and safety of employees, demonstrates your ability to manage risk & hazards associated with the activities and provides assurance to all concerned including customers and management that legal compliance is effectively managed.
Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) concepts as required by OHSAS 18001 & AS/NZS 4801
- Presentation of the standards of the OHSAS family of standards
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Fundamental principles in Occupational Health & Safety
- General requirements: presentation of OHSAS 18001 & AS/NZS 4801 clause-by-clause
- Implementation phases of the OHSAS 18001 & AS/NZS 4801 framework
- Continual improvement of Occupational Health and Safety
- Conducting an OHSAS 18001 & AS/NZS 4801 certification internal audit
Implementing Occupational Health and Safety according to OHSAS 18001 & AS/NZS 4801
- Development of a training & awareness program and communication about the occupational health and safety
- Operational control
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Operational management of an OHSMS
- Conduct internal audit
DURATION AND DELIVERY OPTIONS
If a student believes they already have the knowledge, skills and competencies making them eligible for recognition of prior learning in this course they may apply to participate in the RPL processes.
Contact the team at Compass Assurance Training for more information and an assessment.
PREREQUISITES / ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
OHSAS 18001 & AS/NZS 4801 Foundation Certification or a basic knowledge of the OHSAS 18001 & AS/NZS 4801 standard is recommended.
On successful completion of all in-class and any required workplace based formal assessments, participants will receive a Statement of Attainment from Compass Assurance Training (RTO: 88194) for the nationally recognised competencies:
- BSBAU402 – Participate in a quality audit.
(Students will have 90 days post course for completion – an administration fee may be applied to any units completed after that period).